Visit to Helen, Georgia Fall 2017-Dreevaytours

Flowers and Music lift our moods.

{The Poui tree in bloom in Trinidad}


These past few weeks we have been inundated with the news of massive destruction and so many lives lost, from hurricanes in Texas, Puerto Rico and the Caribbean, earthquakes in Mexico, wild fires in California, and mudslides in Sierra Leone. I addition we are bombarded with wars and rumors of wars.
 It was time to move away from the TV and hit the outdoors.


{Fall foliage in Helen, Ga}


 Last Saturday with this in mind, together with a couple of friends, I headed to Octoberfest in Helen, North Georgia. The weather was beautiful, with the leaves of the tress changing, and the diversity of  the people revealing all of God's creation in their absolute beauty.

 
I was particularly drawn to a young man in his mid-twenties with no feet, probably as a result of a congenital deformity. He was dancing with complete abandonment, and of course it helped that he knew all the steps, be it the Electric Slide, the Cupid Shuffle or the Wobble, he moved with exuberance, and a captivating smile. I found myself, like all the other people in the square dancing along with him. There was a shared feeling of Joy.

The issues we face on a daily basis will not magically disappear with the Fall or Fall Festivals, but Music and Flowers do lift our moods.

Looking for a mood altering experience? Come join me on my Easter Tour to Trinidad & Tobago!
Easter Tour 03/21/18 -7 days. contact me at dreevaytours@gmail.com  or visit me on Facebook

{Easter Hot Cross Buns}


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More from Helen with Dreevay Tours

The Start to a new adventure

The Beauty of Autumn with Dreevay Tours